Headlamps may be a backpacker’s best friend, but for campsite and family use, you can’t beat a good lantern. A lantern is an ideal light source for camping, night fishing and boating or as backyard or emergency lighting
Most lights are created equal:
- Light weight
- LED bulbs that can last an entire trip and more.
- Most have a stable plastic base for sitting on a table when you’re making dinner or playing cards, and a loop for hanging from the dome of a tent.
LITHIUM-ION LED EASY HANG LANTERN
Coleman has stepped up the game with their new easy hang rechargeable lantern. Making the most of the benefits of Lithium-Ion, The new 400 Lumen lantern really packs a punch.
We took the new lantern into the field with a LUX meter and here are the results:
- 1 Lux at 8 mtrs: Easily navigate around obstacles, commonly regarded as the equivalent light of a full moon. Keep the Bunyips away
- 2 Lux at 4 mtrs: Enough light to comfortably read the newspaper
- 3 Lux at 3 mtrs: A strong light, enough to light up even the most generous annexe
- 6 Lux at 2 mtrs: A good light covering a 4 sq. mfr area. Ideal for cooking under
- 29 Lux at 1 mtrs: not much you can’t do with that much light 🙂
Some of the other features of this light are a hook-and-loop style handle to enable the Coleman lantern to be hung in nearly any direction, intact even sideways (should you need that)
All the high risk impact zones are rubber coated to stop damage in use or on your travels. The Lithium-ion battery is conveniently charged via USB or through the 240 volt adapter.
The Coleman lantern even doubles up as a recharge for your USB power devices. iPhone, iPads and more are all catered for.
I recommend you check this one out for yourself at your local camping store.
Check out more of our Coleman product reviews