ROOTHY’S RED TRUCK AUCTION!
After being raffled off to raise money for Unlock Australia, the winners – Adam and Elise from Victoria – have decided to auction Roothy’s Red Truck off in order to raise money for a house deposit.
This auction runs for ten days 9th to 19th of March 2014 – and the highest bidder will need to pick the truck up from John Rooth’s shed south of Brisbane. CHECK OUT THE PHOTO’s HERE.
Red was purpose built for DVD work for Australian 4WD Action. Mechanically it comprises nothing but the best available components and was also subject to a constant evolution to improve it while in use. It has done approximately 15,400km since original build but has been serviced between trips (by Roo Systems) and thoroughly checked for maximum reliability before each trip. It received a full pre-trip service and new wheel bearings etc as a precaution before being raffled off. It has a Queensland engineering certificate for the engine conversion.
• Engine – 360hp 350ci Chevrolet V8 Eagle crate motor
• Holley 650 carburettor jetted for off-road use, new distributor, alternator etc
• Engine mounts Marks Adapters solid bush style
• Radiator – double capacity custom aluminium
• Turbo 350 automatic transmission built by specialist with heavy duty stage 2 kit and torque converter. Features remote oil cooler, extra capacity and temperature gauge.
• Transfer modified for strength and fitted with Marks Adapters crawler gears
• Custom driveshafts
• TJM Pro Locker diff lockers front and rear, fitted by TJM R&D department, TJM compressor behind seat
• New wheel bearings, seals, steering joints etc etc
• Slotted disc brakes, all new brake components including pipes
• Custom Roo Systems extractors and full dual stainless exhaust
• Body – old 1977 ute, plenty of rust and body filler, horrible roof and metal enamel paint job (easy to fix with a spray pack…). Two inches of lift.
• Narva LED tailights
• Full inside cab APT custom roll cage, APT sidebars and rear bar protection.
• Standard original Toyota seats – unripped!!!
• Dual external batteries with TJM dual battery system and monitor, full earth ‘Boat style’ disconnect and 240 volt inverter behind seat
• Custom made ‘six wheel’ pick up tray built at Trackabout Trailers includes stainless steel plated gate for cooking segments
• Fuel container rack for four jerry cans behind cab as well as dual jerry racks on sides
• Premier winch and Roo rope
• Full Roo Products LED driving lights and working lights
• Roo Systems ute roof rack with boat horn
• Rewired by Pete at Roo Systems
DESCRIPTION: CHECK OUT THE FULL STORY HERE
No power steering means it’s a man’s truck to drive (although lots of work means it steers very straight) but it’s very quiet, smooth and powerful on the road. Easily keeps up with the cars and the brakes are superb thanks to all new everything and Roo know-how! Off road it’s incredible thanks to the combination of power, low range gearing and lockers. The transmission modifications means it can be held in low range first and will engine brake down the steepest hills.
There is over $26,000 worth of products and engineering (without including labour costs) here, all tucked under a $500 body.
Someone’s going to get an incredible off-road experience, as well as a slice of Australian history – the raffle of the Red Truck, after leading the first ever protest for the basic Aussie right to camp and fish on public lands, kicked off Unlock Australia and the quest for access for all to our bush!